Subscribe now for great recipes straight to your inbox

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday 28 May 2015

A Long Awaited Recipe!

* Argh! This was supposed to go up at the start of this week! I'm so sorry it's late. I've just finished my last exam and I'm packing for a trip to London and then home for mum's birthday. I hope you enjoy this recipe and forgive me for the delay.

I only have one exam left! Whooooo! Unfortunately it's also the longest/hardest but we'll skip that for now.* Today I am going to share with you a recipe for Thai Green Curry so that you can finally put that curry paste recipe from last month to good use. I don't know why it's taken me so long to post this - I think I just always thought I already had, as it's one of my favourite meals. It's really easy to make and if you don't want to make your own paste then I'd probably recommend Mae Ploy as the paste to use - you can buy it from Tesco and Asian supermarkets as well as probably others. It's a large pot and will last for ages but once you've made your own curry pastes then I can promise that you won't go back. 



What else is new with me? I've changed my hair colour, as you can see below (don't worry, it's not permanent) and I'm looking at a very busy summer with flat hunting for my year in Poitiers, a few weeks on holiday with my family, a very exciting two weeks working in London (details to (hopefully) follow in August) and a food photography course and trips to wish list restaurants thrown in for even more excitement. I've just discovered an amazing artist who paints cakes, I have one of her works and many more on my lust list for the future, including her celebration cupcake at the top of said list so no buying it! Exams have been so far so good, with a presentation I did with 4 other girls receiving 80% so I've got my fingers crossed that our report will be equally well received. *The feedback is up but they forgot to add the grades -whoops*

Testing the colour
Ok, back to the recipe. Like I said, you don't have to make your own paste but I'll give you measurements for each type. This type of thai green only has green beans in it and not pea aubergines or anything else - feel free to add them if you want. If you're vegetarian then I'm reliably told that peas, green beans and okra or sugar snap peas/mangetout are suitable replacements (or at least, Grace has never told me otherwise!). Use soy sauce instead of fish sauce if you wish. Palm sugar makes the dish taste amazing and can be bought online, in asian supermarkets, or in large Waitroses - the brand is Thai Taste and it's great.
Well, it's easier to do my whole head and not just the ends!

Thai Green Curry Recipe

Don't forget to cook rice for this dish! (I frequently forget and only have 40 minute rice, oops!)
Serves 2

Ingredients

1 onion
Couple of handfuls of green beans
2 chicken breasts
1tbsp fresh green curry paste/1tsp shop bought green curry paste
400ml coconut milk
2tsp palm sugar/1tsp demerara sugar
2tsp fish sauce/soy sauce
Juice of ½ a lime

Method

Chop the onion into medium dice and add to a hot pan with a little oil.
While the onion is softening, top and tail the green beans before chopping them in half. Set to one side.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the onions along with the curry paste and coconut milk. Stir everything together until the paste has dissolved.
Add the green beans.
Cover with a lid and leave to cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Taste the curry to see if you would like it spicier, if so add more paste.
Add the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice.
Taste and adjust seasonings to suit your palate.
Serve in a bowl with rice and chopsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to cook and this blog follows my successes (and a few failures) in the kitchen. If you enjoy my posts, or think there is a problem with a recipe then please let me know